4th Graders Learn Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) in Physics using Contraption Maker

Please post your comments about the blog on 4th graders learning energy Next Generation Science Standards here.  

Comments

• We are adopting the Next Gen standards and that is what led me to find Contraption Maker. When my own kids were little we loved playing the Incredible Machine, and I thought wouldn't it be great if my students could have the chance to explore, problem solve, and learn the way my kids had.... after a search I found Contraption Maker!  I'm so excited about trying this with my students.  The lesson you posted looks great and is one I will certainly do with my students!  I will share any great activities or lessons we come up!
    Thanks for making this a possibility for my students!
  • I'm super excited you're going to give the NGSS lesson developed by our friends at River Road/El Camino Elementary School a try.  Please do let me know how it goes, either here, or by emailing me at: Deborah@spotkin.com.  And we would be thrilled if you shared any activities or lesson plans with us!  We're always looking to add to our awesome teacher-led curriculum page.